This committee addresses all clinical matters relevant to the functions outlined in the Emergencies Act 2004 and seeks to maintain the quality of pre-hospital and routine ambulance care to the community.
Clinical Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
- Review and advise the Chief Officer on Clinical Management Guidelines and procedures for ACTAS members.
- Monitor ACTAS clinical education and re-certification processes to ensure they reflect current best practice and are effective for maintaining standards.
- Recommend policy on clinical matters to the Chief Officer, including such matters as infection control, clinical records, clinical practice and education.
- Review and advise on effective patient safely and clinical quality management processes including the review of specific cases referred to CAC as part of the Clinical Review Process.
- When requested by the Chief Officer, review and recommend clinical equipment, in conjunction with the ACTAS - Vehicle and Equipment Committee.
- Make recommendations on priorities for clinical research to the Chief Officer. Advise the Chief Officer on public education programs to promote community awareness about pre-hospital medical emergencies.
- Foster effective communication between ACTAS and other health and allied health professionals.
- Develop an annual work plan for the Chief Officer's approval.
For all queries, comments or for more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org