The ACT Ambulance Service employs paramedics, non-emergency patient transport officers, call takers, and support staff in the Canberra region.
Are you looking to make a difference in the local community? A career with the ACT Ambulance Service might be for you.
Applications Open for Experienced Paramedics
The ACT Ambulance Service is recruiting experienced paramedics for the roles of Ambulance Paramedic and Intensive Care Paramedic.
Applications for both roles close 26 September 2023. Find out more and apply online using the links below.
Jobs are advertised on the www.jobs.act.gov.au website as opportunities become available.
- Chief Officer ACTAS
- Executive Assistant
- General Manager, Operations
- Operations Manager - Events and planning
- Operations Manager - Emergency
- Operations Manager - Non-emergency Patient Transport (NEPT) & Communications
- Operations Manager - Specialist capability
- Operational Support Officer
- Safety and Support Officers
- Quality Safety and Risk Management
- General Manager, QSRM
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Quality & Patient Safety Officer
- Consumer Engagement & Liason Officer
- Injury Prevention Officer
- Support Structures with joint reporting to Chief Officer ACTAS and ESA Director People and Culture
- General Manager, Education
- Education Officers (Clinical)
- Education Officer (Communications)
- Workforce Support Officer
- Workforce Planning Officer
- Workforce Capability and Projects Officer
Non - Emergency Patient Transport (NEPT)
Patient Transport Officer (Ambulance Support Officer Level 1)
Patient Transport Officers provide non-emergency patient transport to and from healthcare facilities, clinics and private residences. ACTAS provides an 18 week training program leading to the qualification of Certificate III in Non-Emergency Client Transport. To be competitive in this process, applicants should consider seeking emergency service or industry experience (volunteer or through employment), first aid qualifications and a good understanding of medical terminology.
Not currently advertising for NEPT officers.
ACTAS Communications Centre
Ambulance Call Taker (Ambulance Support Officer Level 1)
The Call Taker position is a pivotal part of the service ACTAS provides to the community. In this role you will receive and manage 000 calls and gather the information necessary for the Paramedic crews to respond. ACTAS provides an 18 week training program leading to the Certificate III in Ambulance Communications (Call Taking). To be competitive in this process, applicants should be able to touch type at 30 words per minute minimum, and should consider seeking emergency service or industry experience (volunteer or through employment), first aid qualifications and a good understanding of medical terminology.
Ambulance Call-taker/Dispatcher (Ambulance Support Officer Level 2)
Not currently recruiting Call-taker/Dispatcher.