With our high-risk weather season and La Niña alert in full swing, we have seen a rather wet start to November and further rainfall is still to come for the ACT.
There is a very high (80-95%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening across the next few days with a possibility of thunderstorms and gusty winds developing.
Rainfall for the ACT today is forecast to be 15-25mm, although this is likely to be higher in some areas due to potential storm activity.
Our ACT State Emergency Service (ACTSES) crews are ready and on standby if you need help in a storm or flood.
What you should do:
- It is important you take precaution early to prevent any damage to your home.
- Move indoors.
- Move your car under cover and away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house and yard.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Never drive, ride or walk through floodwater.
For assistance in a storm or flood call the ACTSES on 132 500, in a life-threatening emergency call Triple Zero (000).
Visit www.esa.act.gov.au/be-emergency-ready/storms or www.bom.gov.au for more information.
Take 20 minutes to complete or update your Survival Plan, visit esa.act.gov.au/be-emergency-ready.
When you do your part, you help us do ours. #BeEmergencyReady.