The ACT Government will deliver more firefighters, emergency services vehicles and stations to keep Canberra safe as our city grows.
We are recruiting more ACT Fire & Rescue firefighters, building a new firefighting vehicle and starting work on two new emergency service stations.
2019-20 ACT Budget investments to the ESA includes:
- 36 more firefighters through two new recruit colleges
- Planning for two new combined ACT Ambulance Service and ACT Fire & Rescue stations for the City and Molonglo Valley
- A new aerial platform for the ACT Fire & Rescue fleet
- Upgraded workspaces for the Hume Helibase
- Modernised change areas for ACT Rural Fire Service Hall Brigade
- Improvements to the ACT State Emergency Service Majura Unit facility
- Contract of a third helicopter during the bushfire season
Through these investments in emergency services, the 2019-20 ACT Budget builds on our commitment to ensuring the safety of our community and our first responders – now and in the years to come