The planning section undertakes the following functions.
- Maintain emergency plan and sub-plan governance arrangements and coordinate delivery of plans
- Develop a “whole of ESA” coordinated approach to planning and development control
- Coordinate the provision of advice to Government Agencies (ACTPLA and DLAPS) and developers for new and proposed developments.
- Provide input and coordinate advice by ESA to planning policies and arrangements for the ACT.
- Apply and promote ISO 31000:2009 (Risk Management Principles and Guidelines) to all hazards planning requirements for the ESA.