Overloaded power points and power boards can overheat and cause a fire in your
Face the facts
- Never overload power points;
- Never connect power boards or double adaptors together;
- Check power boards for signs of damage or discolouration. If found discard immediately.
- Buy quality power boards with an overload protection device (RCD); and
- Provide adequate ventilation around the power boards.
For more tips on electrical safety, phone 132 281 or visit ActewAGL
Power points and power boards fact sheet [.PDF 315KB]