Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions especially with installation.
Do not use the dryer if it is making unusual noises, for example rubbing/grinding sounds or if the timer is not functioning properly.
Face the facts
Clothes dryers can be source of ignition for a fire. It is important to follow some basic rules when using a clothes dryer.
- Do not overload your clothes dryer;
- Do not put dripping wet clothes into a dryer;
- Clean the lint filter regularly;
- Do not turn on the dryer then leave the house;
- Do not place clothes or other items on or around the clothes dryer;
- Make sure the area where the clothes dryer is being used is well-ventilated.
Clothes dryers fact sheet [.PDF 306KB]