Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions especially with installation.
Do not use the dryer if it is making unusual noises, for example rubbing, gridding sounds or if the timer is not functioning properly.
Always clean the lint filter regularly.
Face the facts
Clothes dryers can be source of ignition for a fire. It is important to follow some basic rules when using a clothes dryer.
- Do not overload your clothes dryer;
- Do not put dripping wet clothes into a dryer;
- Clean the lint filter regularly;
- Do not turn on the dryer then leave the house;
- Do not place clothes or other items on or around the clothes dryer;
- Make sure the area where the clothes dryer is being used is well ventilated.
Clothes dryers fact sheet [.PDF 306KB]