This application provides information on current incidents throughout the ACT, surrounding NSW region and the rest of the country. It also provides information on total fire bans.
Fires Near Me was produced by and is managed by the NSW Rural Fire Service. The ACT Emergency Services Agency provides a live data feed of fire incident information into the application.
The application gives users the ability to source information on incidents near them, using the ‘Fires Near Me’ function.
- Initially centres the map of ACT on your Current Position.
- Allows you to choose another location, e.g. the destination for your weekend holiday, and centres on that location.
- Lets you know if there is a fire within 50 km of your location.
- Displays any fires within a 10 km radius of your location.
- Allows you to see a list of the bush fires in ACT and surrounding NSW region, sorted by their proximity to your location—the closest being sorted to the top of the list.
- Tap on the fire and you will see some information about the fire. Tap on the arrow (“>“) and you will see the list of bush fires in in ACT and surrounding NSW region.
- Top on the arrow (“>“) of a fire within the list of bush fires, you will see a screen of more details on that particular fire.
- Tap the map button from the Details page and the map page appears centred on that fire.
- If a Total Fire Ban is active for today or tomorrow for your location, the Total Fire Ban symbol appears on the screen to warn you of this.