In the 2013/2014 financial year the ACTSES improved their response capabilities with the following changes to Vehicles and Equipment:
- Increased the Storm Response Vehicle Fleet with the addition of two new Iveco Storm Response Trucks;
- Upgraded the ACTSES Vehicle Fleet with replacement of six 4×4 Dual cab Utilities;
- Consolidation of the ACTSES Vehicle Fleet with the removal of a 4×4 POD Vehicle;
- Increased capabilities with the purchase of two extra pumps and four generators; and
- Upgraded the ACTSES trailer Fleet with replacement of two General Purpose Trailers.
The SES has a range of vehicles including two and four wheel drive vehicles, trailers for storm and flood response, community education and welfare. The SES also has two flood boats, a mass casualty trailer and two lighting trailers.
60 Vehicles – General purpose vehicle (All ACTSES Units)
61 Vehicles – Command vehicle (All ACTSES Units)
62 Vehicles – Iveco Storm Response Vehicles (Some ACTSES Units)
Forward Communication Unit (FCU) – Used for remote communications (Pialligo ACTSES Unit)
Flood boat (Tuggeranong & Majura ACTSES Units)
Equipment and Uniforms
ACTSES volunteers are supplied with all equipment and protective uniforms necessary to perform their duties safely and professionally. All uniforms and equipment comply with Australian Standards.