Due to the current circumstance, ACTSES will place the recruitment expressions of interest on hold.
However, we encourage you to visit this page at a later date to for further updates.
- A valid email address is required in order to receive up to date recruitment information.
- The ACT Working with Vulnerable People card application can take up to 21 days to process. Therefore, prospective members are advised to apply for this card as early as possible.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is required to obtain qualifications completed through the ACTSES. If you do not have a USI you can apply for one through the following link:
Please contact email@example.com for all enquiries.
ACTSES accepts expressions of interest from prospective members and runs one Recruit College each year, usually from May and depending on workforce requirements. This is a very competitive process; not every ACTSES Unit requires new recruits at every intake and not all applicants are deemed suitable.
There are three key phases in ACTSES recruitment:
- ACTSES Units promote volunteering opportunities in the ACT Community.
- Prospective members gain information about the role of the ACTSES through the website, conversations with members and visiting units.
- Expressions of interest are received online from prospective members.
- The recruitment phase officially opens.
- All prospective members are invited to a Come and Try Day. From this, prospective members are selected to participate in Unit visits and interviews.
- Selected prospective members participate in the ACTSES Fitness Test.
- Selected prospective members are invited to join the Recruit College. To formally join the Recruit College a prospective member must have applied for an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card and provided evidence.
- Recruit College/Training
There are two parts to the Recruit College/Training:
- Induction Program, which is mandatory for all new members, includes:
- About the ACTSES
- Asbestos Awareness
- First Aid assessment (the online course is completed prior to the Induction Program commencing)
- Respect, Equity and Diversity (RED)
- Working safely
- Land Based Floodwater Rescue
- Emergency Traffic Management
- Storm and Water Damage training is mandatory for people joining as Field Operators.