ESA Station upgrade and relocation strategy
Improving Community Safety
The ACT Emergency Services Agency (ESA) Station Upgrade and Relocation Program (SURP) is about improving community safety for Canberrans as the city expands and the population grows. Strategically locating ESA stations to better service the needs and expectations of the community will save more lives, property and the environment.
Extensive analysis has been undertaken into where stations should be located in the Territory to meet current and projected demand.
The Station Upgrade and Relocation Program commenced in November 2011. Since this time it successfully delivered the following projects:
- West Belconnen Ambulance and Fire & Rescue Station – October 2013
- Tuggeranong Fire & Rescue Station – March 2015
- Greenway Ambulance Station – May 2016
- Belconnen Ambulance and Fire & Rescue Station – September 2016
- Fyshwick Fire & Rescue Privacy and Dignity upgrade – July 2017
- Calwell State Emergency Service Base
- Guises Creek Rural Fire Service Privacy and Dignity upgrade
- Molonglo Rural Fire Service Privacy and Dignity upgrade
- SouthCare Hanger upgrade Hume
- Due Diligence on potential sites for ACTRFS and ACTSES in Mitchell
- Ainslie Fire & Rescue Privacy and Dignity upgrade
- ESA Business Continuity Communications Centre Hume
- Non Emergency Patient Transport upgrade
- City station feasibility study.
Andrew Baker 6207 6835
Karen McLellan 6207 6792
Aerial views of the new Belconnen Ambulance And Fire & Rescue Station in Aranda
Calwell SES Base Design