Recent operations

recent ACTSES operations image

From 1 July 2013 until 30 June 2014, the ACTSES responded to 1475 requests for assistance. Of these requests 99% (1417 jobs) related to storm and flood operations with the remaining 1% (58 jobs) relating to the provision of operational assistance to other emergency service organisations and agencies. This included support throughout the year in the form of lighting towers, evidence search, missing person search, traffic marshalling and communications support.

The more significant ACTSES operations during this period were:

  • 133 jobs received on 26 September 2013 from a severe rain event.
  • 372 requests for assistance received on 19 and 20 February 2014 for a significant storm event.

ACTSES Requests for Assistance- Storm & Flood, Financial Years – 1 July 2004 to 30 June 2014

ACTSES Requests for Assistance- Storm & Flood, Financial Years - 1 July 2004 to 30 June 2014 table