The Bureau of Meteorology have issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for destructive winds, giant hailstones and heavy rainfall for the ACT and surrounding region.
The ACT SES have responded to 22 Requests For Assistance mostly due to water damage and minor flooding following this morning’s rain event.
ESA remind the community to remain vigilant and for adults and children to stay clear of creeks, causeways and storm drains and not to drive, ride or walk through these areas.
– Keep away from trees and fallen power lines
– Do not walk, ride or drive through water
– Move your car under cover
– If possible bring pets inside; and
– Turn headlights on when driving and drive to the conditions
Further flood safety information is available on the ESA website.
In a life threatening emergency always call Emergency Triple Zero (000).
For assistance during a storm or flood call ACT SES on 132 500.